CHICKPEAS LEEK SOUP
This vegan soup is easy to cook, easy on your budget and and tastes delicious.
INGREDIENTS ( for 2-3 portions )
- 1 large leek
- 1 garlic glove
- 1 carrot
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter
- 1 teaspoon curcuma
- 500 ml vegetable stock
- 1 can chickpeas ( circa 270 g drain weight )
- 1 bio lemon
- 100 g defrosted leaf spinach
- Cut leef in slices
- Chop the garlic
- Rasp the carrot
- Heat the butter in a pot
- Sweat leef, garlic and carrot for 5 minutes while stiring
- Add the curcuma and sweat for another ½ minutes
- Infuse with vegetable stock
- Let it simmer for 5 minutes
- Meanwhile rinse the chickpeas and let it drip off
- Rinse the lemon well, grate the peel and squeeze the lemon.
- Squeeze the spinach to remove excess water and chop it.
- Add chickpeas and lemon peel
- Season to taste with salt and pepper
- Let the soup simmer for 15 minutes
- Add spinach about 2-3 minutes before the end of cooking time.
- Season to taste with lemon juice
- Enjoy with bread!