I found the suggestion for this vegan sausage in the book „ WURST & KÄSE VEGAN SELBST MACHEN“ written by Hildegard Möller. I have adapted the recipe to my personal taste and changed it accordingly.
INGREDIENTS (for about 450 g vegan sausage)
- 100 g white Tofu ( from the asian market)
- 150 ml beetroot juice
- 40 ml neutral oil ( for example sunflower oil)
- 1 ½ tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 allspice
- 2-3 teaspoons smoke liquid
- 1 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2-3 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon mustard powder or mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon guar gum
- 25 g long grain rice (cooked)
- 100 g gluten powder
- Chop the tofu
- Mix all ingredients (EXCEPT rice and gluten powder) in your kitchen machine or your smoothie maker
- Put the tofu mixture in a bowl
- Knead the tofu mixtur with the rice and the gluten powder till you get an elastic dough
- Form a sausage
- Wrap it in baking paper and lock it on both ends like a bonbon.Tie it with a thread.
- Pour water in a pot ( about 2-3 cm/0,8-1,2”) and bring it to boil
- Put a steamer on the pot, put the sausage inside
- Downshift heat, the water should simmer
- Attenuate the sausage (covered ) for 1 hour
- Unwrap the baking paper
- Let the sausage cool down.
- Wrap in clingfilm
- Let it rest for 1 day in the refrigerator.
- Slice it and enjoy!