STEAMED COCONUT BUNS a la Jamie Oliver
steamed vegan buns, easy and quick made
INGREDIENTS (for 8 large or 12 small buns)
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 empty coconut tins of spelt flour ( wholemeal)
- 21 g Weinstein baking powder ( cream of tartar or any other vegan baking powder )
- good pinch of salt
- Pour the coconut milk into your kitchen machine
- Use the empty tin to measure out the flour.
- Add the flour, baking powder and salt
- Kneat until you get a smooth dough.
- Place the dough on a lightly floured surface
- Form into a large roll.
- Cut out 8 (or 12) equal parts
- Place these balls into double paper muffin cases.
- Place muffin cases in a single layer into a steamer basket.
- Fill a pot with boiling water
- Put the steamer basket (with lid) on top
- Leave to steam hard for about 10 minutes.
- Let the buns cool down