GINGER IN SYRUP
best to cook ahead – natural vegan.
excellent suitable for curing sore throat, but also as sweetening (tea ) or to garnish your pudding.
Of course you can also eat the ginger pieces because they are soft boiled.
- 250 g fresh peeled ginger roots
- juice from a large lemon
- 750 ml water
- 1 cinnamon stick ( abt. 8 cm/ 2,5 inches )
- 8 cloves
- 200 g rock sugar
- Cut the ginger in little pieces.
Add the ginger with 500 ml water and the lemon juice in a pot.
Bring it to boil and let it simmer for 15 minutes
- Drain the ginger through a sieve
- For the syrup heat 250 ml water with the cinnamon stick and the cloves.
Allowe the rock sugar to disolve while steadyly stirring the liquid
- Add the drained ginger pieces to the hot liquid, cover the pot with a lid and let it simmer for 15 minutes.
Stir it at times
- Remove cinnamon stick and cloves
- Pour the ginger with the syrup in a small jar with a screw cap and close it immediately