Small vegan treats. The combination sesame, chili and nori is simply a poem.
INGREDIENTS ( for 16 sticks)
- 1 packet vegan puff pastry
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon herb salt
- ½ teaspoon hot red pepper
- 5-6 tablespoons soy milk without sugar
- 1 teaspoon whole cane sugar
- 2 Nori sheets
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Put a sheet of baking paper on a baking tray
- Roll the puff pastry out
- Sprinkle one half with sesame, salt and red pepper
- Flap the other half on the sprinkled one
- Stir soy milk with sugar and spread the dough with the mixture
- Cut the filled dough in stripes (2,5 cm = 1“ ) and cut these stripes in 6cm = 2,3“ long pieces
- Put the pieces on the baking tray
- Bake for 5 minutes
- In the meantime cut the Nori sheets in 16 stripes (2,5 cm=1“ wide)
- Remove the pre-cooked cookies from the oven and wrap each on one side with a Nori stripe.
- Glue both ends of the nori sheet on the underside with help of a drop of water
- Bake for another 5 minutes
- Enjoy it warm or cold!