VEGAN CELERY SCHNITZEL
This vegan schnitzel is unique in flavor. You have to try just once.
INGREDIENTS ( for 6 schnitzel)
- 1 middle-sized celery tuber
- 1000 ml water
- for the panade:
- 2 tablespoons soy flour
- 6-8 tablespoons water
- oil to fry
- Peel the celery tuber.
- Slice it (about 0,5 cm/0,2”)
- Bring the water with salt to boil and cook the celery slices for 10 minutes.
- Take out of the water and let the slices cool down enterely.
- Dry the slices with paper towels off.
- Put the flour in a deep plate
- Put the soy flour in a deep plate and mix it with water and salt
- Put the breadcrumbs in a deep plate.
- Bread the celery clices in the following way:
- soy flour-water mixture –
- heat the oil in a frying pan
- Fry them on both sidesuntil golden brown
- Let them drip on paper towles
- Serve them with rice or fried potatoes